Today I am sharing a quick recipe that I whipped up when I went home for the weekend about a week ago! I baked these for my 19th birthday celebration, and I couldn’t have been happier with the outcome!
They were perfectly soft on the inside, and the frosting was deliciously sweet. Although I make these pumpkin bars often during the fall, something about these made me even more excited for pumpkin baked goods!
I especially love how you can see each little cinnamon speck in the frosting.
What You Will Need:
For the batter
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2/3 cups brown sugar
2/3 cups white sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 can pumpkin puree
1/2 cup vegetable oil
For the frosting
1 8 oz package cream cheese (room temp.)
1/2 cup stick butter (room temp.)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 12 count muffin tin with cupcake liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray (i like the coconut oil version!)
- Grab a medium bowl and mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ground cloves, nutmeg, brown and white sugar, then set aside
- In a different bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, pumpkin, and oil
- Mix wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until the batter is smooth and thick (avoid over-mixing!)
- Spoon batter evenly into 12 count muffin tin
- Bake in preheated oven for 16-18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean!
While those are baking…
- Grab a handmixer and beat together cream cheese and butter for about 1 minute, until smooth.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon and beat until just combined
Once the cupcakes are done and have been cooled for about 30 minutes, place icing into a piping bag (or in a plastic bag with the corner cut off!) and start frosting! Top off with candy corn for a cute decoration!