What a crazy couple of weeks it has been! I have had audition after audition, for college, plays, etc.! I visited and decided (I think!) on the university I will be attending next year. I also performed in Colorado’s All State Honor Choir. All whilst keeping up with friendships, school, and crocheting scarves 😉
As the winter continues, and my desire for spring grows, I cant help but feel even more excited for this next chapter in my life. I think its because I feel so much more at peace with it. As that day in May, when I walk across the stage and receive that sheet of paper, 13 years in the making, approaches, I desire to make the most out of the next 90 days.
I hope to read books, listen to beautiful music, drink more coffee with friends who I won’t see everyday anymore next year, serve the community, sing more songs, hike mountains, stay busy (which is typical of me!), but also find time to be still, and embrace the present instead of wishing it away.
However, February was long, and cold here in Colorado…but I was still able to find things to be thankful for!
1. Sledding on a perfect snow day (and feeling a bit like an eight year old again)
2. All-state honor choir and singing some seriously beautiful music
3. thinking through what I want to bring to college
4. A new pattern for my crocheted scarves
5. catching up with friends who are away at college
6. thrift shopping finds (Hawaiian shirts, high waisted jeans, and a men’s flannel)
7. lots of pamper nights
8. slumber parties, (making me feel even more nostalgic for childhood… as if sledding wasn’t enough!)
9. so much homemade pizza
10. Galentine’s day!
Here’s to the next however many days till graduation and the months following!